Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sarah Tan



Hello all. My name is Sarah Tan and I’m a student in Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman. I’m a year three sem one student majoring in commerce accounting. I’m an East Malaysian. Travelling to a big city was a life time experience for me as I met a lot of new friends and learnt their different culture. Not only that, I also learnt to be independent. It was really difficult for me for the first few months as I started missing my family, home cooked food, and caring from my family members. Travelling to KL really make me grow spiritually and mentally. However, what I enjoyed the most was the freedom I get in return.

My hobby would be every girl’s best friend which is SHOPPING. Who doesn’t like shopping right? Even male friends of mine love shopping. I love to shop for particularly furniture. Aren’t that weird? I spend also half of my day in my room so it is important to have a cozy room. It is also a good time to hang out with friends. It’s like killing two birds with one stone.

Basically, I visit my Facebook almost everyday. Thanks to Mark Zuckerberg for creating this social networking website, I am able to stay connected with friends from my primary and secondary school as well as new friends from my varsity life. Facebook kept me updated with the latest news and gossip from my friends from all around the globe. Secondly, I visit Lowyat forum frequently mostly to do my online shopping. It’s really a great bargain if you are lucky. Moreover there is a wider selection of imported goods that you cannot find in the market. Fans of international goods such as clothing from Forever 21, Louis Vuiton, and Coach can buy what they want at a cheaper price compared to the market price. Thestar.com is also a useful website. Go green concept of keeping myself updated with the current happenings in the world. Most importantly, it is free f charge. Blogspot.com is also in my favorites list. Lastly would be an important search engine which is Google.com. I think most student also graduated with the help of Google. Google is an important engine for me to search for information for my assignment, acts as a translator for me as I could not read Chinese (
http://translate.google.com/# -> good website for banana like me) and many more.

Internet is important in my daily life as a communication tools. Moreover, I use internet to do my e commerce activities, whereby I purchase my airline ticket, do online shopping as well as paying bills. Internet is also important as news feed, keeping me updated with what is happening in the world surrounding us. Entertainment is an essential activity to do using internet. Playing online games and watching videos in Youtube or Crunchyroll can actually help students like us to release stress as we do not have a black box. Lastly, the use of Internet is for education purposes. I’m sure majority of varsity student will be using the internet to search for information and knowledge other than the traditional method which is going to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment